Server and security
Microsoft is investing in five main areas
- Security of platforms. It is the protection of information in static state or in process of transferring with the use of multi-level encryption, procedures of Microsoft data processing centers and user control elements for managing of access and keys.
- Secure access and sharing of information. It is the protection of confidential data by using the parameters of the controlled access and collaboration.
- Awareness and analytical evaluation. It is the tracking of accounts using and file activity on the basis of total transparency by applying of reports and alerts.
- Information management. It is the regulation of retention policies, policies of detection and deleting data. With this feature you can quickly find and edit/remove all available on your server data.
- Regulatory compliance and trust. It is the efficient use of accepted in Microsoft practices of permanent compliance, current certification and transparent operations.
Next wave of innovation was announced at the Ignite conference. It designed to provide greater control over information and intellectual property of the company:
- conditional access policy governing access to files based on the location of the endpoint
- detailed conditional access policy based on the managed status of the device
- user-controlled encryption keys for SharePoint and OneDrive
- classification of sites to help the user understand the significance and the degree of confidentiality of information and allowing the possibility of expansion to apply the configuration in accordance with the classification group
- unified audit in all site collections in Office 365 and in local environment SharePoint Server 2016 with Feature Pack 1